Monday, July 25

Life is a Highway

And he wants to "drive it all night long." Hubby loves a road trip more than anyone I know.

I love to travel and I am lucky that my mom took me many places.  My dad didn't like to travel, so once I was old enough, my mom and I went alone.  I am lucky that hubby likes to travel even more than I do.

If we were rich, we would spend our lives travelling.  In our 14 years of marriage, we've gone everywhere from the NY to FL, GA to UT, TX to MO.  We like going for short weekend trips to the mountains, last minute trips to Disney World, and week-long stays in the Big Apple.  It really doesn't matter where it is, or what we're doing, we just like to go.  We love to see new places and revisit some favorites.  So far, it seems that our daughter has inherited our travel gene.  I guess we make it fun enough that she doesn't mind airport delays and traffic jams.  Not every trip is a bed of roses, but our motto is that we are happy as long as we're together.

Because of our latest trip, I did not blog for a few days.  Our closest friends moved to FL a few years ago.  It was a rare situation in which the kids were great friends, the moms were friends, and the dads were friends- all independently.  So, we try to get the families together as much as possible.  They came to visit us earlier in the month.  We let it be a surprise for our daughter and it was awesome.  She thought she was going to video chat with her buddies so we set up the laptop and told her to wait for them to connect.  Instead, the girls snuck into our kitchen.  My girl was so excited that I saw tears of happiness.  It was wonderful.  It seemed like a great plan to return the surprise, so we drove down on Thurs.  Their girls were upstairs playing when we quietly came in.  They were squealing with delight when our daughter appeared in the doorway. 

I am so thankful that hubby not only enjoys new adventures, but he loves making memories with his family.  He loves spending time with us and doing things to create happy memories.  Most of all, I am thankful that he loves to drive.  "If your going my way, I wanna drive it -All night long..."

No comments:

Post a Comment