Friday, July 8

Yard work

Yuck!  I hate the outdoors.  Maybe hate is a strong word, but there isn't really anything I enjoy doing outside, unless it involves an umbrella and some waves.  Otherwise, I couldn't care less if I ever went outside.  I don't even care what our yard looks like.  Weeds, grass, dirt... who cares!?  My hubby cares.  He cares A LOT!  He cuts the grass, edges the yard, trims the hedges, waters the grass (and the places he wants grass to grow), puts out seed and fertilizer, and prunes the trees.  He does all of this while I get to sit inside, enjoying the cool comforts of the couch.  Yeah, I have it made!

Hubby is so concerned about his yard that he cuts the grass before we leave on vacation, or when we have visitors.  He even cut the grass before he took me to the hospital to give birth to our daughter!  I was sitting inside timing contractions and he was making a mad dash around the yard with a push mower.  He knew that people would visit after the birth and he wouldn't have time to cut it, so it had to be done before we left. He gets rather anxious and shaky if it has been more than 4 days since he cut the grass.  He may be a little obsessed, but until he is sitting outside with scissors trimming the blades of grass, I won't worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment