Thursday, July 28

Calm, cool, and collected

Daughter had a weird thing on her tooth last night, so hubby called the dentist this morning.  The tooth was a baby tooth and it was loose, but it was discolored.  We could see a little something at the top that was hard and looked bloody. We had no idea what was going on.  Hubby called and they told him to bring her in right away.  The permanent tooth was coming in just to the outside of the baby tooth so we were seeing that leading edge poking through.  They had to pull the baby tooth.  Hubby sent me a pic of daughter in the exam chair with gauze packed around her tooth.  I wanted to leave work immediately and rush to her side.  She looked so little and vulnerable in that big chair.  I felt anxious and nervous about the procedure. The Mommy Guilt kicked in and I felt awful for not being with her.  I was worried that she would need my comforting touch and soothing words, but I couldn't be there with her.

After a work meeting, I called and they were already out of the dentist office.  Daughter was just fine and handled it all great.  I'm sure I would have made her more nervous, even if I had tried look calm.  It probably helped her to have her Daddy there with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment